Specialists Who Deliver Superior Dentistry
At Advanced Dentistry of Scarsdale, we have three full-time, on-site specialists. This sets us apart from other dentists in Westchester. Our specialists work together to resolve even the most difficult dental challenges.
Dr. Kevin M. Loshak is a Westchester periodontist. He helps patients manage their dental health and restore their smiles with dental implants. Dr. Steven A. Brisman and Dr. Amy Guccione are Westchester prosthodontists. They create realistic dental implants, bridges, and veneers for patients who need everything from basic restorations to full smile makeovers.
Once you have scheduled your appointment, you can download your patient information forms from these links, complete and print them, and bring them to your first appointment.
Why Should I See a Prosthodontist in Westchester, NY?
Prosthodontists are dental specialists who create and place dental prosthetics to restore damaged and missing teeth.
As one of only nine specialties certified by the American Dental Association, prosthodontics includes diagnosing, treating, recovering, and maintaining conditions requiring dental restorations, including how the replacements function, look and affect patient health.
Prosthodontists can also help with bone loss or other maxillofacial issues related to missing teeth. Unlike other dentists who might only spend a brief time learning about cosmetic dentistry and implants, prosthodontists go through an additional two to three years of specialized training after dental school to learn oral anatomy, the artistic aspects of designing artificial teeth, and the proper placement of dental implants. Advanced Dentistry of Scarsdale employs two prosthodontists: Dr. Brisman and Dr. Guccione.
Why Should I See a Periodontist in Westchester, NY?
A periodontist has additional education and experience in treating gums. They have a greater understanding of periodontal disease (gum disease) and what is the best way to treat it depending on its severity. Gums aren’t the only focus for periodontists. They also utilize their additional knowledge of gums to place dental implants and assist other dentists with orthodontics, appliances, and more. Dental implants have become one of the most popular options for patients to replace missing teeth. When you meet with one of our periodontists, they will be able to assess your unique case to determine if you are an ideal candidate for dental implants.
Gum Disease Warning Signs
You can have an incredible smile but believe it or not, that smile is more than just those pearly whites. Gum health is also vitally important to maintaining good oral health. When something is wrong, our body gives us signs to treat it. This also happens in our dental and gum health. Early warning signs of periodontal disease should not be ignored. You should see a periodontist if you have these symptoms:
- Notice a Change in Your Bite: If your teeth feel different while you are brushing, chewing, or talking, it’s time for you to see a periodontist. Different bite patterns can point toward specific issues that can cause long-term problems without proper treatment. A periodontist can determine why you are having these changes to your bite and suggest appropriate treatment options to help solve the problem.
- Have Red, Swollen, or Bleeding Gums: This is one of the more obvious signs that you should visit a periodontist. Watch closely to see if your gums bleed when you floss or brush. If they do, seek help from a qualified periodontist. If you can catch minor issues when they start, they won’t become bigger, more painful, and more expensive problems later.
- Teeth Feel Loose: If you have noticed that your teeth have felt a little loose, you should visit a periodontist. Scheduling an exam is a good idea, even if you think it’s all in your head. It could be early signs of serious gum disease and jaw bone damage.
- Receding Gums: As we age, gums naturally recede. However, it shouldn’t be very noticeable. If gum recession starts to become noticeable and your teeth look longer when you look in the mirror, this could be a sign of periodontal disease. Schedule an appointment with our office today to see if gum disease treatment can help your gum recession.
- Oral Pain and Discomfort: Oral pain can be traced to a specific tooth. If you notice discomfort inside, around, or underneath your gums, this could be a sign of a serious issue. It’s important to stay on top of the pain and schedule an appointment to determine how to fix the problem.
A periodontist has detailed training and experience treating these and other gum-related oral health problems.
Incredible Variety of Dental Services
With three specialists operating Advanced Dentistry of Scarsdale, you get many specialty services. These include:
- Full Mouth Reconstruction: You may think your teeth and gums are beyond saving. That’s where you’re wrong! Our specialists have many years of experience restoring teeth and gums through dental crowns, periodontal work, dental implants, and other dental prosthetics.
- Smile Makeovers: Our Westchester prosthodontists can make custom dental implant crowns, dental bridges, and veneers in the on-site lab. They can ensure the prosthetic fits comfortably and completes your smile.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: We offer cosmetic dentistry services like teeth whitening, Invisalign, veneers, and other methods to improve your smile. Our Westchester cosmetic dentists have years of experience helping patients get the smile they always wanted.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are the permanent solution to missing teeth. With experienced prosthodontists, periodontists, and an on-site lab, we can create, place, and monitor your dental implant throughout the process.
- Periodontics: You may have gum disease if you struggle with bleeding or irritated gums. We have a periodontist on staff that can help!
- Preventive Care: Our Westchester specialists can prevent decay and other problems with early detection tools, oral cancer screenings, and dental sealants.
Are you struggling with a yellow, uncomfortable smile or periodontal disease? Our team of Westchester dentists will do everything in their power to make your smile comfortable, functional, and beautiful.
On-Site Dental Laboratory
You face a complex waiting game when you go to most dental practices. You need a crown, veneers, retainer, dental implant, or Invisalign. A typical dentist will use things like impressions and off-site dental labs to create restorations. That creates an environment where mistakes can happen. Dentists who use off-site labs have to ask patients to wait, which can create uncomfortable or embarrassing situations.
Advanced Dentistry of Scarsdale has its very own on-site dental laboratory. This speeds up repairs and allows us to create more realistic restorations. Since the lab is on the premises, technicians can match colors and frequently check the fit. This helps patients enjoy truly customized dental repairs from our dentists in Westchester.
Cutting Edge Technology
Dental technologies evolve every day. To keep up, our Westchester dentists offer cutting-edge technologies to their patients. We boast state-of-the-art imaging tools that improve treatment speed, accuracy, and comfort. You can rest assured that you get the best care possible with the finest equipment.
Focused First Visits
We start each and every new patient relationship by getting to know you before we start our evaluation of your teeth and gums. Unlike other dental offices, our specialists use first visits with patients to understand your dental goals. They will discuss your medical history, dental problems, and personal oral anatomy to create a personalized dental treatment plan. Our patients often come to us after having a negative experience at another office and discover that they now have complex dental needs that only a team of specialists can answer.
Everyone at Advanced Dentistry of Scarsdale loves working with patients. We do everything we can to answer your questions, make you feel comfortable, and explain the importance of procedures.
Advanced Dentistry of Scarsdale accepts several types of payment. We take cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Discover cards for your convenience. Payment is due at the time of service.
We are also pleased to offer CareCredit, the industry leader in patient healthcare financing. CareCredit helps you pay for out-of-pocket healthcare expenses for you and your family. Once approved, you can use it repeatedly to manage healthcare costs–not just dentistry. In many cases, zero-interest financing is available.
We recognize that most people do not have a budget set aside for their dental care. However, we don’t believe in cutting corners with low-cost materials or sending your restoration overseas to be fabricated. Our dental practice is one of the best in Westchester County. Patients are fully responsible for the fees and services charged by the office, regardless of insurance coverage.
Common Dental Questions
Great Dentistry from Our Westchester Dentists
If you are looking for outstanding dental care in Westchester County, you must look at Advanced Dentistry of Scarsdale. Please call (914) 725-7100 or use our online form to request an appointment and learn what sets us apart from other dentists in the area.