When it comes to repairing and restoring teeth that are damaged or missing, a specialist dentist can often be required. Such specialist dentists are known as prosthodontists.
A prosthodontist uses prosthetics to rebuild teeth. They are both medical professionals and sculptors, often having to learn multiple forms of restoration from fillings to dentures while also understanding the basics of dentistry.
When looking for a prosthodontist, you needn’t look any further than Advanced Dentistry of Scarsdale. Among our experienced and knowledgeable team is company founding member Dr. Steven A. Brisman, who has over 35 years in the field. We also have our very own in-house lab for designing and building prostheses. Using modern methods and materials, we can produce lifelike artificial teeth and crowns that look and feel real.
Types of Prosthodontic Care
Prosthodontic care covers a variety of different treatments. A few examples of Prosthodontic treatment that we are able to offer include:
- Dental Bonding: The use of composite materials to fill minor cracks and chips.
- Veneers: A thin porcelain layer over the surface of the tooth to conceal minor damage.
- Fillings, Inlays and Onlays: The use of metal or composite material to fill larger chips and cavities.
- Crowns: The entire replacement of the top of a tooth with a porcelain substitute.
- Dental Implants: The replacement of an entire missing tooth with a fixed artificial tooth that is secured by the bone.
- Dental Bridges: The replacement of one or more missing teeth with artificial teeth that are held in place by the teeth either side.
- Dentures: The replacement of an entire missing/damaged row of teeth or a partial replacement that can be easily removed.
- Full Mouth Restoration: Restoration of multiple teeth that have been damaged – sometimes using a variety of other methods including crowns, implants, fillings and bridges.
Do I Need A Prosthodontist?
If you have any damaged or missing teeth, you may be able to benefit from meeting with a prosthodontist like Dr. Brisman here at Advanced Dentistry of Scarsdale. This could include tooth damage/loss following an injury, tooth loss following illness or tooth loss following periodontal disease.
There are many personal benefits to seeking out prosthodontics. Getting your teeth repaired could help to improve your self-confidence by restoring pride in your smile. It could also be necessary for combating pain – chipped and decaying teeth can often ache a lot and adding crowns or implants could counter this. Some people may even find that eating and speaking become easier as results of restorative treatments like crowns and implants.
Book A Complimentary Consultation Today!
To book an appointment, simply get in touch via email or phone. During a consultation, we will be able to advise you on the best type of prosthodontics for your needs.