Advanced Dentistry of Scarsdale has Prosthodontists on our staff which can place crowns, fillings, bridges and dental implants. All of our dental implants are produced within our in-house dental lab, where we work closely with technicians to produce an artificial tooth that looks and feels natural. Our experienced Prosthodontists are then able to carefully insert these implants into your gums, helping to restore your smile.
Why Get Dental Implants?
At Advanced Dentistry of Scarsdale, we offer a number of dental restorative options to our patients. Dental implants can have numerous benefits over other forms of Prosthodontics such as bridges and dentures. A few of the pros and cons are listed below:
Pros of Dental Implants:
- Dental implants can be easily cleaned. They don’t need to be removed and sanitized separately like a bridge restoration because they are fixed and can be brushed and flossed just like normal teeth.
- Dental implants will strengthen your jaw. By continuing to offer the feeling of having a tooth there, the bone is less likely to recede.
- Our dental implants are designed and built to look just like real teeth. Unlike metal crowns and fillings, they’ll look and feel natural.
- With certain restorative options like veneers and fillings, you may be advised to not eat certain foods. With dental implants you can eat whatever you like with no fear of the implant coming out.
Cons of Dental Implants
- If you don’t have healthy gums of jaw bones, you may be unable to get implants fitted. In such situations, dentures or bridges may be better suited (both of which we are able to do at Advanced Dentistry).
- Dental implants can be costly to install and may be out of some people’s budget. We try to offer affordable rates on implants, but even so some people may find that dentures and bridges are more feasible. It’s worth noting that implants may last for life and so can be good investments despite their initial price.
What Is The Procedure Like?
Fitting dental implants is a multi-stage process. You’ll first need a consultation to help take scans of your mouth so that an implant can be measured and designed. Certain preparatory procedures may then be recommended such as bone grafting or a sinus lift.
The actual implant fitting itself sounds scarier than it is, but it will likely be done under anaesthetic so you may not feel anything. A titanium post is placed through the gum and fitted to the jawbone. You will need several months to heal, and when the area is strong enough to withstand normal chewing pressures, a crown will be fitted on top.
If you’d like to know more about getting dental implants in Westchester, don’t hesitate to book a consultation with us. We’ll guide you through the process in detail so that you’re comfortable with the entire procedure. Please schedule your complimentary consultation today.