How Does Invisalign Work?
Simply put, if you want discreet braces that quickly and conveniently give you straighter teeth, go with Invisalign braces.
Traditional metal braces can create many problems:
- They Can Be Fragile: Your diet becomes more restricted as you can’t eat apples, caramel, ice and other hard foods for the 2-3 years that you have them. They can break if you eat these kinds of foods
- Can Be Dangerous For Your Teeth: If you aren’t extremely careful, sugar and food particles get caught and hidden under your braces, causing your teeth to rot. When your metal braces are removed, your teeth will be a splotchy mix of brown and white.
- Slower Treatment Process: Typical treatment plans take between 1 and 3 years to complete.
- Aesthetics: Unfortunately, metal braces can look silly which can be embarrassing.
Invisalign braces have none of those problems:
- You Can Remove Your Invisalign Braces While You Eat: So you can continue enjoying all of your favorite foods without breaking your braces.
- Invisalign Liners can Be Removed To Brush Your Teeth: You can maintain your normal hygiene regimen, ensuring healthy teeth.
- Treatment Time: It only takes 9 to 15 months to complete.
- They’re Nearly Invisible: With Invisalign, most people you interact with will never even know that you are straightening your teeth.
What Are Dr. Celenza’s Special Qualifications?
Braces (including Invisalign) are normally applied by Orthodontists. An Orthodontist is a dentist who treats irregularities in your teeth and jaw. With that training, they are able to apply braces and ensure they’re straightened in a healthy way.
While Dr. Celenza is a trained and certified Orthodontist, he also is one of the few dentists in the United States that has additional qualification to give you even more benefit: he is also a certified Periodontist. A Periodontist specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the gums, teeth and mouth. With his hybrid orthodontic–periodontic training, Dr. Celenza can make sure your teeth are straightening in a way that is healthy, and he can also identify any other risks to your health like gingivitis and periodontitis.
With our experienced clinicians and staff at Advanced Dentistry of Scarsdale, you will know that you are in good hands. Come to our Westchester dental practice by scheduling an appointment to enjoy our comfortable office so you can start your Invisalign treatment with Dr. Celenza now. Finally have the straight smile that you deserve with Invisalign!