(914) 725-7800

30 Popham Road
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Request an appointment

Choosing the Best Dentist in Scarsdale

Are you looking for one of the best dentists in Scarsdale to help with your smile? Searching for a new dental professional can be a challenge. There are hundreds of dentists to choose from in our area. But, knowing what to look for can help you to shorten the list, so that you can enjoy great dental care. Here are a few tips for finding your new favorite dentist in Westchester.

Ask For Recommendations

Finding someone else who loves their dentist can help you to narrow down the field. Talk with family, friends, and coworkers about who they use, and what they like about the practice. Have an honest, open conversation with someone you trust to find a great dentist. Also, check out the dentist’s reviews online for a full range of opinions on their practice.

Get A First Impression

Visit different dental clinics in your area to get a first impression. Pay attention to the cleanliness of the parking lot, building grounds, lobby, and practice rooms. See if you have a natural rapport with the office staff and the people who work there. Every patient should feel like they are treated in a friendly, welcoming way.

Do Your Due Diligence

When it comes to working with a top-notch dental team, research is vital. Spend some time thoroughly researching different dental practices to check:

• The Dentist’s Education: Look to see where the dentist or dentists went to school. Did they specialize in another field of dentistry?How seriously do they take their continuing education? You can avoid products and services that may be outdated if you see an up-to-date dentist.
  • The Procedures Available: If you know what kind of treatment you need, make sure the dentist offers it! This will save you time and the hassle of getting a referral to another practicioner.
  • ADA Directory: Visit the American Dental Association’s website to see a full list of qualified dentists in your area. Also, consider their memberships in other professional organizations. The recognition of other practitioners says a lot about a dentist.

Advanced Dentistry of Scarsdale

At Advanced Dentistry of Scarsdale, we consider our clinicians some of the best dentists in Westchester County. Besides focusing on patient service, our dentists have years of experience that brings a tremendous amount of value to our patients. We hope that you will give us a chance to become your new favorite dental team. Contact us today for an appointment!

31 Responses to Choosing the Best Dentist in Scarsdale

1. Shad Morris says:

Thank you for all this helpful information about choosing a dentist. Since my sister just moved to a new area, they are trying to find a dentist that can work on their teeth. One thing that I really like is that you say to pay attention to the cleanliness of the parking lot, and the office.

2. I can really see how asking for recommendations would lead you to the kind of dentist that you would want to have. A couple of years ago I had a serious root canal problem develop and a friend of mine recommended his dentist. I had a great experience and I will keep using the same dentist as well!

3. Maggie says:

It’s so nice that the ADA provides a full directory of dentists that are a member of that association. In my opinion, that is one of the most important things to check for. After all, the ADA sets many high standards for dentists everywhere, including standards for continuing education and new technology.

4. Jenna Hunter says:

Almost all of my mother’s teeth are missing and she really wants to be able to eat some of her favorite foods. I was impressed to read that one should visit different dental clinics in your area to get a first impression. We will be sure to keep that in mind when we are looking for a dentist to help my mom!

5. Scott says:

I agree that one good way of choosing the best dentist possible is to get a good first impression. You might consider going into the office unexpectedly during the different times to see what they are like during all hours of the day. You might also ask them how many patients they have and why patients leave their practice and go to another one. These are some things that could help you find a good dentist.

6. I just moved to a new area and I want to find a dentist quickly, so that I can keep my teeth in good health. You wrote that you should ask fr recommendations from people you know in the area. I’ll have to ask my neighbors, as they are likely to be informed about the local dentists, and could point me towards one that fits my specific needs. Thanks for the great advice.

7. I agree that you need to check into a dentist’s education before you hire them. It would seem that you would want to find someone who is specialized in the field of dentistry you need as well. I’m looking for a dentist for my family and I so I’ll have to find someone who is properly educated.

8. Kyle Winters says:

If you can manage it then it really does help to figure out what procedures you need before looking for a dentist. This can usually give you a pretty solid starting point on the search for a dental clinic. After all, as the article points out, you want to choose a dentist who can perform the procedures you need done.

9. Jade Brunet says:

Asking for recommendations sounds like a great thing to do when it comes to choosing the best dentist. Finding someone else who truly loves their dentist could really help you narrow down the decision. I have also heard that it is a good idea to find a local dentist to shorten commutes and make dental visits more convenient.

10. John Mahoney says:

I appreciate how you talked about visiting different dental clinics can help you choose the best professional to help you. My brother just moved to a different town and needs to find a dentist that will continue with his braces treatment. It is important to remember that asking your previous dentist can also provide the references you need to find the best dental care wherever you are.

11. I like that you mentioned to make sure that the dentist you choose uses up to date products and techniques. That way, you can know you are getting the best and most advanced care possible. I have been looking for a dentist ever since I moved to a new state, and I will definitely keep these tips in mind as I search.

12. I appreciate your tips for finding a good dentist. We just moved, so we need to find a new office as soon as we can. I’ll be sure to pay attention to my first impression, once I start visiting different places.

13. Kyle Winters says:

I agree, if you’re going to be looking for a new dentist, then a good first impression is a must. You want to visit their office and be greeted warmly by the staff and helped with any questions you might have. Ideally, you’d also want to use this time to set up an initial consultation and interview with the dentist to make sure that he is going to be able to meet your dental health needs.

14. Silas Knight says:

It’s great to know how to find a dentist. My family is moving this month, and I want to find a great one before too long in our new area. Vising offices for a first impression is a great idea, and I’ll be sure to try that.

15. Brynne Jones says:

I like how you mentioned researching the dentist’s education before selecting them. It makes sense to find a dentist who is up-to-date on their services and products. My sister recently moved out of state to start a new job. Researching the dentists in her new area to find one who is qualified could be helpful to her.

16. This is the first time that I have ever been given the chance to choose my own doctors and dentists since I moved out of my parents house. I have no idea what I need to look for or how to choose between so many options. You mentioned in this article that it is really helpful to make a list of local dentists and go to the areas to see how everything feels and to get a first impression. This will be really helpful for me.

17. Max says:

I’ve been wanting to find a cosmetic dentist that could help me adjust my smile to just how I’d like it, and I think that some tips on finding a good one would be helpful for me. I’m glad that you talked about paying attention to the first impression you have with a dentist, even down to the cleanliness of the parking lot. I’m going to have to keep these things in mind while I’m looking around and hopefully I’ll make the right choice for my cosmetic dentist!

18. We recently moved to a new area and are looking for a dentist. We want to make sure we choose a dentist that we are comfortable with. Like you said, we will want to visit different dental clinics in the area to a get a first impression.

19. Silas Knight says:

These are helpful tips for finding a good dentist. My family just moved, and with three kids, I want to find a great dentist for them to go to. I’ll take your advice and start asking our new neighbors and coworkers for some recommendations.

20. Ashley Turns says:

Thank you for mentioning that you shouldn’t just check that the lobby of the dental office is clean, but also that the grounds and parking lot around the building. My husband and I have just moved to a new town for his job and I’ve decided to start looking for a dentist for us to visit. I’ll be sure that the area around the dentist’s office is clean so that I know it is a great neighborhood and that they carry about their upkeep.

21. Gloria Durst says:

I agree that you want to check out a dentist’s clinic before you choose them. It would make sense to find someone who has a clean office because it shows experience. My brother is looking for a new dentist, so he’ll have to find someone with a clean, organized office.

22. Marcus Coons says:

I totally agree with you in that family and friends can be a great source of referrals when looking for a dentist. It is important to remember that asking those who regularly visit their dental provider can help you get the best suggestions. Personally, I would want to make a list of the referrals I get and compare their services and education before choosing one.

23. Gloria Durst says:

I agree that you need to consider what kind of procedures a dentist offers. this would be extra important if you are looking for something in specific from them. My brother needs a dental implant put in, so he’ll have to find someone who is able to offer these procedures.

24. Not many people would think about it, but I think it is awesome that the article encourages readers to ask for recommendations when choosing a dentist. After all, if you have a friend or coworker that prefers a certain dentist then they have to like them for a reason. You might even be able to ask your general doctor for any recommendations since they likely know at least a few of the dentists around your town.

25. Sam Wilkins says:

I like how you suggest combining personal references with your own research. My husband and I just moved and are looking for a new dentist. We’ll have to ask around and then do some online research of our own.

26. Ashley Turns says:

My sister is looking for a new general dentistry that she can take her family to since her last dentist retired. I like your point that you want to make sure to visit the office so that you can make sure that you get along with all the staff members since you will be talking to them a lot. I’ll be sure to let my sister know that she should be sure to visit all of the general dentistries so that she can make sure she feels very welcome at the one she picks.

27. I liked that you pointed out the importance of checking out what sort of treatments a dentist’s office offers. It would make sense to me to see if they have a relationship with any other specialists as well, like an orthodontist. That way you could have all of your services handled without needing to shop around too much.

28. When it comes to a finding a dentist, finding someone to refer them is essential. If your friends, family, or co-workers trust their dentist, it’s likely you can too. One thing I look for in a dentist is that they can work around my schedule.

29. My husband is considering getting his teeth whitened. He wants it to look professional, so he is considering qualified dentists for the job. I like how you said that good dentists should have great reviews. Thanks for mentioning how they should be educated and trained in their field of work as well.

30. Thanks for the great tips! I do agree that first impression is important when looking for a dentist, especially when it comes to cleanliness. I’d keep these in mind when I’d need a professionals’ help.

31. It’s good to know that when it comes to finding a new dentist that there are somethings that we need to do to make sure that we choose the right one for us. I like how you mentioned that one thing we need to do is go in to get a first impression so that we can get a sense of the cleanliness of the place and if the staff is friendly and hardworking. This will be really helpful for when we move to our new town and we can get the right one for our teeth needs.